What is proof of Hungarian citizenship?
The following are the proofs of Hungarian citizenship:
- A valid Hungarian ID card.
- A valid Hungarian passport. If your passport has expired, you may still use it as proof of Hungarian citizenship for one year following the date of its expiry.
- A valid Hungarian citizenship certificate.
- A certificate of naturalization, until proven otherwise.
- The registry of personal data and addresses.
Your data is included in the registry if you have a so-called address card or if you previously had a Hungarian personal number.
Please note that Hungarian birth and marriage certificates are not proof of Hungarian citizenship.